Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Painting With A Twist is good clean FUN!

St. Petersburg Store Information - Painting With A Twist - Painting With A Twist:

'via Blog this'

My third visit to Painting with a Twist. Each time has been quite fun. I heartily recommend this as a nice activity to spend some "me time" in a very hectic world.

My first attempt was on a Friday Date night. I went with my daughter. We had Joanna as the instructor. You are encouraged to bring a glass of wine or "adult beverage" and/or light snacks. They provide ice, cups, wine openers, plates and napkins. The room was packed with many couples and it was nice to see so many men with their wives finding their artistic side. Each painter did one half of a painting to match up as a whole at the end. It was the "Love tree." You are guided step by step in painting and given hints from helpers roaming the room. They provide the canvas, the paints, the brushes, the aprons. There is one rule that always tickles my funny bone...don't dip your paint brush in your wine and don't drink the rinse water from your brush cup. Periodically, the instructor will ring a cow bell, and encourage you to take a deep cleansing breath, step back, shout "WOOHOO" and take a sip of your drink. Relax your shoulders, and have fun. Roll with it.
My second visit was just last week.  I forgot to mention that there are several pictures, hundreds to choose from and there is a monthly calendar posted showing the date, time and chosen picture to paint at the website.  As anyone who knows our family dynamics, we are suckers for turtles.  Therefore, the painting.  "Turtle heading Home" had to be one for Olivia and me to paint.  Our dearest Tyler had to wear a body cast for three long years and we called it his "turtle shell".  Tyler tolerated that shell through many a long hot Florida summer and it was never easy on him.  However, it became a nickname that stuck and we began collecting turtles.  Especially since ancient lore has given wisdom to the turtle and we all know that Tyler was wise beyond his calendar years on earth.  He had an old soul to tolerate a broken worn out body, he was very wise, kind and loving.
My version

Olivia's pretty turtle heading home.
Finally, we come to today.  I just had the best time, painting "Breakfast at Tiffany's".  It was truly challenging.
Fortunately, our canvas had a nice pencil outline of the shapes we were going to fill in.  This painting was done in all greys, blacks, white and the Tiffany blue.  It involved a lot of mixing, shading and concentration.  I will say the class moved quickly and I'm not exactly happy with my efforts.  Poor Audrey has a bigger boo-tay than I would like and my Tiffany package is lacking a bit of sparkle.  That being said, I am happy to report that if you are unhappy with any painting and want to "touch" up some areas, Painting with a Twist offers SOS Saturdays.  The first Saturday of the month, they allow you to come back with your canvas (reserve your space) for free and they will assist you in fixing what you aren't happy with...nice bonus.  

They offer all kinds of paintings to chose from, they have private parties and offer classes that will provide a benefit for specific charity.  Particularly Paint your Pet day, it costs a little bit more ($55.00) but ten dollars is donated to a local animal charity.  Plus, you get the benefit of a lasting portrait of your pooch.  You send in a photo of your dog or cat, they will do a pencil sketch on the canvas to get you started.  Tell them if you want a comic or realistic version of said pet, including background color and they will have it all set up for you.  

Oh, lest I forget....there is a frequent flyer, er, um, frequent painter card that you get.  Ten punches and you get a free visit.  They offer gift certificates too.  Olivia is taking her friend for a night of painting as a Christmas gift.  Go, have fun, take a deep breath.....and WooHOO!  

2527 Central Ave., St. Petersburg, FL 33713
Tel: (727) 327-4488

3 comments:

  1. That is main think about it. Here above painting is very lovely which share different painting. In this painting colour selection is very nice. It is lots a fun. I enjoyed your photos.

    utility marking paint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments. I enjoy Painting with a Twist. I find it very relaxing and calming in a world that is too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this twist painting. All of these look really wonderful. Turkey happy especially that guest to be changed in all this there are a lot of great things. I impressed by that.

    web design glasgow

    ReplyDelete